An emergency vet visit

My puppy ate a chocolate covered raisin and it cost me $698 in emergency vet clinic.

I have a little furry baby. I got her almost a year ago and so far she’s doing very well. Having a pet will definitely cost you some money, so make sure that you have the budget and the time to take care of it.

Let me first to admit that I am not a dog person. Growing up, most dogs are stray dogs and they are everywhere without proper vaccinations. I was thought to stay away. My partner grew up with a dog, and really want one. It took 3 years of convincing for me to agree. We got a house with a yard and it was time to get one.

My furry baby is the sweetest dog. Really, I will not want any other dog, just her. So when I accidentally dropped a chocolate covered raisin on the floor and she got to it before me, I panic. I search on the internet and all of them suggest that a little bit of chocolate is ok, but raisin — a big NO!

I called my vet and they say the same thing and told me to go to emergency clinic. I knew it will be costly, but I still rushed her. 30 minutes later, I was signing a document telling me the cost of the procedure… holy cow, $450!! I knew it will cost a few hundreds but not that much. I hesitated a bit, but I know that I will regret it if something happen to her because of this. So I sign away. During the procedure, they were not able to get the raisin out… damn! So what’s next? The vet injected some charcoal that is supposed to bind the food with it so they can get it out later on. Ok, then, how much will cost me, well another $200. Again, I know I can’t just say no, so I signed the invoice. An hour later, I got her. She seems normal now, but I think she got a kennel cough from the place.

So yes, that is probably the most expensive chocolate covered raisin I’ve ever had! Silly me for that accident.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *